Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm still here...

Wow. Has it really been since February since I've posted? How neglectful I've been. So sorry. :)

Lauren and I "ran" in our first race together in March. It was a 1 mile fun walk, but she ran most of the way. I'm so happy to share my love of running with her. Geeze, I'm happy to share anything with her. :)




I photographed my first wedding in April. It was for a dear friend of mine. I was so honored to have the privilege. Everything turned out well and a good time was had by all.

In May I turned 35. How did I let this happen?!?! I was surprised how much I missed my mom on MY birthday. She would always send me several cards in the mail (even though she lived only 3 miles from me), and she would make me a special BD dinner and a cake. Also that month I started going to a Grief Share group at a local church. I was still feeling the deep emotional pain of losing my mom. At times it really did feel like I had a gaping hole in my chest. I was also very angry. I knew I needed to work through the pain, the anger and the guilt. I learned that grief is a process you have to go through. You have to live it, experience it. Let it be part of your life. I hated that. I wanted to get through as fast as I could. I didn't sign up for this, I thought to myself. In addition to the reassurance that a lot of my feelings were normal, the group was based on having a relationship with Christ. To allow Him to heal me. To allow Him to change me into the person I'm meant to be. I can now be happy that my mom is no longer suffering....that she is at peace in Heaven.

In June we had a flash flood in the area. We had 2 feet of water in our basement. And our well got contaminated with e-coli. Needless to say I was freaking out. Our loss in the flood was minimal compared to others. We were able to clean out well with good old bleach (go figure). And thank God none of us got sick. My wonderful husband felt it in our best interest to tap into the public water system. It took about a month for it all to be completed, but I gotta say I LOVE MY CITY WATER!!! :)

In July our baby girl turned 4. We had a nice little family gathering at Grandma & PapPap's. I'm so blessed to have wonderful in-laws who adore Lauren.


Lauren started Preschool in September. She loves it. I was a little sad the first week. I missed my Peanut, but I've adjusted quickly and now I love it too. ;)



Well, I guess that brings us to now. I'm enjoying the fall. Trying to appreciate each day as it is.


Carry on.


































No comments: