Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow, rain, ice, snow...repeat

I really try not to complain about the weather. It is what it is. But I'm really sick of it now. At least I don't have to be anywhere today. So I can stay home with my girl. Of course being at home all day with a 3 year old has it's challenges. For example, we just had a knock-down-drag-out over her sass mouth. I really need to keep some wine in the house.

I've been feeling down the past few days. Really missing my mom. But feeling guilty about it at the same time. Like it's totally selfish of me to wish her here, when she is completely healed and rejoicing in heaven. I feel like I go one step forward, two steps back with this whole grieving process. I've definitely progressed, but no where near acceptance. This whole process is hard for a control-freak like myself. I wonder if they have a "Grieving for Dummies" book. That would rock. I hope I'm not coming across insensitive for disrespectful. Sometimes a matter-of-fact mood helps me deal.

I'm wondering if I'll being able to run today. I don't want to lose the momentum from last week. Fortunately, this early in training I'll be able to make it up.

Well, I'm off to prepare a groumet lunch of chicken nuggets and green beans for my lovely daughter.

Carry on.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, we've all been there. Many times I have looked at the meal I set before my children and wondered just how healthy it was...

And I've been there with the 3 year old with attitude. Why do kids start so early? I honestly didn't think we were so rude at their age (but I'm sure we were).

GRACE4UNME said...

Aw, sweetie...just read your post--which you posted nearly two months ago. I know you have lots of days like this...Wish I was there to give you a hug and make you a cappuccino! :)

You are a really talented writer, Sue. Keep it up! And you probably didn't realize it, but you--and this little blog you created--are an inspiration to me!

xo Sue