Sunday, January 18, 2009

Why I run

I realized today, I run mostly for my sanity. To release the pent up anxiety I may or may not create for myself.

I feel awesome about myself after a run. I have that "I'm a tough-chick, don't mess with me" attitude.

I want to be a role model for my daughter. Not only that exercise is an awesome habit to have, but sometimes it's a necessity. And when she has a family of her own, I want her to believe that she is worth the effort it takes to get out there. That she'll be a better wife and mother, if she takes the time to take care of herself. Women have a habit of taking care of everybody but themselves. It's not a flaw. It's just that we forget that it's vital to our existence to take some time to care for ourselves. After my mom had passed away, a very good friend of mine invited me to stay at her house for the weekend. She said, "sometimes only a woman can take care of another women the way she needs". Amen, sister.

Ok, back to running.......

I went for a run today in the snow. It was only a mile long, but it was wonderful. Quiet, pretty, solitude. It was like a hot cup of tea for my soul.

Carry on.

No comments: